While I haven't had a chance to change my systems to legacy capture mode, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same issue though not exclusively on AMD graphics. I believe, at least in my case, it happens when the monitor connected to the remote machine is turned off. I don't mean the monitor has entered sleep mode. I mean the power has been turned off to the monitor. In this situation, I can connect but the display is black. No interaction with the system will get it to start working.
Yes, I have Use group view checked. And the Connections are grouped correctly, they are just not sorted correctly in the Online group.
Note, it is just the Online group that is not sorted correctly. The Offline group is sorted correctly.
While on the subject, another annoying issue (not necessarily a bug) is that in the Group view groups do not stay collapsed with each launch of the viewer. I have quite a few Folders, so I collapse the Folders group in the right pane with the Connections. I have to do this each time I launch the Viewer. It does not remember that I have the group collapsed. Saving this setting on close of the Viewer would be a great addition.
I had entries in the Viewer sorted by Connection name in ascending (alphabetical) order prior to upgrading to version 22.214.171.124. Now when opening the Viewer, all Online connections under the General address book are in some random order. Offline/Unknown connections are still in alphabetical order by Connection name. If I click on a Folder and back to the General address book, they return to alphabetical order.
Now the additional problem. If I connect to a system that is Online, it moves to Logged on group. When I log off, it goes to the end of the list of Online connections. It no longer goes back to it's place in alphabetic order. Connect and Logoff, it's at the end of the list.
And we're back to showing everything offline. Only now, I'm unable to connect to anything. I'm certain these systems are online, otherwise, my phone would be ringing constantly (and I made a few calls to confirm).
Everything was fine yesterday.
FYI, I'm on version 6.6 final of the viewer using public Internet-IDs.
Hoping for a fix ASAP, as I need to support my clients.
FYI, no details show for any of the Hosts in the 6.6 version of the Viewer. Looking at the properties of the Host I can see the Internet ID, etc., but they don't display in the columns of the Viewer when the "Details" view is selected.
Update still results in the same error. To be clear, after running 6.6 I reverted both files back to 6.5. That's when the errors started. Then I tried 6.6 again, but now the errors won't go away even with 6.6. To get a functioning Viewer again, I had to rename the config_4.xml file and let the Viewer create a new one (with the default settings and no key file).
So 6.6 changes the config file to make it incompatible with 6.5. And running 6.5 afterward corrupts something in the config file to make it incompatible with 6.6.
+1. Same thing started 3 to 4 days ago best I can tell. No way to distinguish between those that are truly offline and not. Installed Viewer and portable Viewer are current (126.96.36.199). Hosts are a mix of 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. Nearly all show the same, offline. Out of a couple hundred Host installations, I have about 4 that show as online. Yet I'm still able to connect to the offline hosts (I happen to know they are online).