Thank you for your message.
Could you please clarify if you mean that after you add the connection entry to your address book and exit the Viewer, the connection is gone when you reopen the Viewer? If this is the case, the issue might be caused by the Viewer configuration file or address book file being somehow corrupted (perhaps, by some antivirus software activity).
Could you please, try performing the following steps and see if the issue persists:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit
2. Locate the file config_4.xml
in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml
file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action.
4. Run the Viewer and register it with your license key again.
In case if resetting the Viewer options did not help and the issue persists, please try the following:
1. Export your current general address book as described in this guide
and save it somewhere on your computer.
In addition, you can also copy the address book backup folder C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\backups\
and save it to your disk.
2. Completely uninstall the Viewer as described in this full uninstallation tutorial
. This will remove all the damaged configuration/address book files.
3. Re-install the Viewer from scratch and register it with your license key
4. Restore your address book by importing the file you've previously saved on step 1 as described in this guide
5. Try adding a new connection entry to the address book and see if it's present in the address book next time you open the Viewer.
Please let me know if the issue persists.