Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Send Ctrl-alt-del not always working

Links used in this discussion

Jeff Peterson, User (Posts: 2)

Jan 23, 2014 3:07:22 pm EST

Support level: Free or trial
I'm testing out the software and its going fairly well so far with one snag.  I've got a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008R2 server set up.  I can remote into the Windows 7 machine and hit the "send ctrl-alt-del" and get the login screen, but doing the same thing on the 2008 server is failing - it just ignores it.  I can send it with another remote control program, it just isn't working with Remote Utilities.  Is there anything I need to know or set for it to work correctly?

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2495)

Jan 23, 2014 3:26:50 pm EST

Jeff Peterson wrote:
I'm testing out the software and its going fairly well so far with one snag. I've got a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008R2 server set up. I can remote into the Windows 7 machine and hit the "send ctrl-alt-del" and get the login screen, but doing the same thing on the 2008 server is failing - it just ignores it. I can send it with another remote control program, it just isn't working with Remote Utilities. Is there anything I need to know or set for it to work correctly?

Hello Jeff,

To send Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC, please use the corresponding command button/icon on the toolbar in the Full Control mode http://www.remoteutilities.com/product/features/ctrl---alt---del.php

Jeff Peterson, User (Posts: 2)

Jan 23, 2014 4:28:14 pm EST

That's what I'm doing.  As I mentioned, it works fine on the Windows 7 machine, but not on the 2008 machine.

Jan 23, 2014 5:04:21 pm EST

Jeff Peterson wrote:
Windows 2008R2 server

Jeff,

Perhaps, the Ctrl+Alt+Del simulation is prohibited by Windows security settings on the remote PC. Can that be the case?

greenseed666 ., User (Posts: 2)

Jan 25, 2014 4:22:09 pm EST

could it be that

Jan 25, 2014 4:42:57 pm EST

greenseed666 . wrote:
could it be that

Yes. Should be "enabled". In security settings for the local machine.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.