Community

Can't click on Win10 notifications to dismiss

John Meyer, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 03, 2019 12:01:27 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
When a notification pops up, clicking on it does nothing, meaning it stays there and obscures the system tray.  Also, if you open the notifications, none of the ones listed have an X and cannot be dismissed.  Also clicking on them does nothing, which it should take you somewhere depending on the notification.

Also, even though when you mouse over "Clear all notifications" it changes color, clicking it has no effect.

I suspect this is an artifact of not being able to dismiss the RU notification in the free version, but that is turned off and no such notification is appearing when logging in remotely.

This is with server - hey guess what, I can't tell you because there is a Dell notification I can't dismiss over the extra system tray icons so I cannot get to the RU one - and Viewer 6.10.10.0.  Server system is Windows 10 Home 1809, viewer is Windows 10 Enterprise 1903.  This happens on three different server systems, all laptops with discrete nVidia graphics.  I do not experience this problem on desktops.
John Meyer, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 03, 2019 12:03:00 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
And this is with the legacy driver enabled.  Without it, I only see a black desktop.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Dec 03, 2019 11:26:34 am EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if I’m right in assuming that you mean just any notification on the remote Host machine (i.e. notifications that are not related to RU)?

If this is the case, please try enabling the Capture aplha-blending window feature. In order to enable it, please right-click on the remote connection in the address book and select Connection properties.
In the connection properties navigate to the Additional properties section and select the Capture alpha-blending windows checkbox:
Can't click on Win10 notifications to dismiss - 03 Dec 2019 11:25:31

Please let me know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)