Community

Address Book sync a mess since upgrading RU server

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Apr 16, 2019 11:20:04 am EDT
Hi Steven,

The permissions are more gradual per folder. However the admin account I was using does have permission to everything. I can share the two address books with you if that helps.

Is it the same account with which you signed in on the server in Viewer? So this account has top-level access to the book and all its subfolders and connections.

BTW... I upgraded the RU Server back to 2.7.8 and so far I have not lost the same connection entries from the address books that was a problem before.

Did you also update Viewer to 6.10.8?
Steven Coleman, User (Posts: 21)
Apr 16, 2019 12:55:01 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Same account that I always use. I never downgraded the viewer since updating it to 6.10.8.  I know the issue is on the RU server side because my laptop with a previous version of the view had the same issue.  

Something during the RU Server upgraded modified my address book.
Apr 16, 2019 4:33:48 pm EDT
Hi Steven,

We have just managed to reproduce the issue and confirmed that it's a bug on the server. This is how you can reproduce it: add a new connection to your synced address book in Viewer and then edit it, e.g. change its name. The connection will disappear from the Viewer book but will remain in the server book.

We will be fixing this bug and updating the server later today. The server version will be incremented too for you to be able to distinguish it from the current one.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

P.S. Viewer 6.10.8 and Host 6.10.8 are not affected by this bug, it's only the server that needs fixing.
Steven Coleman, User (Posts: 21)
Apr 16, 2019 4:45:21 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Awesome...Thanks for taking the time to reproduce the issue.
Apr 16, 2019 6:30:41 pm EDT
Hi Steven,

The new Server version 2.7.9.0 is available for download.  If you are updating from 2.7.8.0 you may still need to restore permissions in your server book. If you have a simple permissions structure, i.e. one account that has full access to the entire book, just do the following:

1. Update to 2.7.9.0 "as is", i.e. just run the installer and complete the installation.

2. In the server address book manager expand Address Books, right click on your address book and select Edit address book.

2. Click Security.

3. In the security window enable Replace all child object permission entires with inheritable permission entries.... This will grant the account (principal) in the list permissions to all objects in this address book and restore permissions for the entries where they were deleted due to the bug. Therefore, when you sign in on the Viewer your "lost" entries should re-appear in Viewer address book.

If you have more granular access levels, i.e. other accounts with access to only some folders you will need to do the same procedure but on the respective folder level.

Let us know if you need any assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)