Same account that I always use. I never downgraded the viewer since updating it to 6.10.8. I know the issue is on the RU server side because my laptop with a previous version of the view had the same issue.
Something during the RU Server upgraded modified my address book.
I did a compare against the address book xml file the had the missing connection issue before and after the upgrade. It looks this could be a permission issue as a result of changes made to the address book by the 2.7.8 upgrade.
See the attached screenshots images of the windiff of the files. The left side is the 2.7.6 version of the address book. The right side is the same address book after the 2.7.8 update. It appears the 2.7.8 update made some changes to the address book that may have caused the account I was using to lose access to the connection entry.
In this case the client and host were not the issue. The address book entries just started to disappear when I clicked on them.
I try to keep the client and host versions in sync, but its not easy because the client will prompt for an update regardless of the host versions on the backed. Since the client is the main interface it usually gets updated first. I have 50 connections in different locations so updating the host first is a challenge.
In this case the client got updated first, then the RU server. The connection that got deleted was an older version (6.10.5) of the host software.
The laptop running 6.10.5 was a connection issue , but now its having the same issue with the missing connection entry that exists in the server address book but not on the clients after the RU server upgrade.
I recently upgraded my client (6.10.8) and RU server (2.7.8) to the latest version. When I clicked on a connection in my address book, it disappeared. I checked my server address book and the connection was still there. So I deleted the synced address book ( I tried in the client GUI and manually from the folder) on my client and re-added it. The connection is still missing on my client address book, but does exists on the RU server address book (see attached images).
To make matters worse I tried using previous version (6.10.5) of the client running on my laptop. When I try to connect to the RU server it does not work. If I look in the event log in the client I see it failed with a socket error and a stack dump is generated.
All of this used to work perfectly until I updated to version 2.7.8 of the RU server.
The data.xml file has all the information about the available address books, user groups and permissions. If that file is blank nothing works. I now backup that data directory anytime changes are made to my address books just to be safe. From my experience if the data.xml file is valid, its a simple copy and paste of all the files in the data folder, then restart the RU server to restore the previous address books and user settings.