Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Internet-ID stopped working

Some Guy, User (Posts: 2)

Apr 06, 2017 11:08:32 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
Have 2 PCs at one site where the Internet-ID stopped working and will not reconnect (trying from multiple WAN connections in different states). I can connect directly through the IP address after I open some ports on the RV042 router (device shows offline after I logoff but can reconnect). Using Bitdefender managed AV and it is currently disabled for testing. I can also connect via local IP address on LAN through a VPN.

Host 6.6.0.2
Viewer 6.6.0.3 - not sure what versions the other users tried from other locations.

I have also rebooted the machine, router, and got new internet-id.

06.04.2017---20:04:57:361 96   Internet-ID ErrorCode <> 0 Error code: 1
  06.04.2017---20:05:27:804 96   Internet-ID: Connection established ID: xxx; Port: 5655; Try count: 1

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2494)

Apr 07, 2017 5:04:03 am EDT

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Please, update the Host to 6.6.0.3.

Some Guy, User (Posts: 2)

Apr 08, 2017 1:52:05 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
Is this some joke? Do you not want people testing your software to actually purchase it? That was no help at all. I will switch to another provider
Edited:Some Guy - Apr 08, 2017 1:52:32 pm EDT

Jason Unger, User (Posts: 15)

Apr 08, 2017 1:53:41 pm EDT

His reply is very valid. You are using different versions of the viewer and host.

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2494)

Apr 08, 2017 2:28:55 pm EDT

Some guy,

Perhaps I should have explained my advice. Remote Utilities is software of dual nature. With each update, even a minor and sub-minor update there are little features and fixes added to Host and Viewer.

Therefore it doesn't make sense to troubleshoot a problem before Viewer version matches the Host version. Even more so - both should be the current version.

Otherwise, i.e. if we try to diagnose a problem when there is a version mismatch and/or it's an old version, we cannot tell if this is a yet unknown problem, or just an old bug already fixed in the current version.  

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.