Community

Feature Suggestion: enable/disable Fullcontrol with BlocScroll

Links used in this discussion
Flavio Spezi, User (Posts: 6)
Dec 14, 2022 9:50:52 am EST
I suggest the opportunity to Disable the FullControl when the keyboard feature "Scroll Lock" is ON.  
I suggest to add a Option like "Disable FullControl with Scroll Lock button".

So the operator can view when the FullControl is On/Off with a look to keyboard.  

Actually I can Enable/Disable FullControl with ALT+F12 and via Options.  
When "Disable FullControl with Scroll Lock button" is ON, the "Scroll Lock" LED will Light when user deactivate FullControl via Options, via ALT+F12 or via "Scroll Lock" keyboard button.

Thanks.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Dec 14, 2022 10:48:15 am EST
Hello Flavio,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on the feature suggestion? Do you mean the Lock input and screen feature that locks the keyboard and mouse input for the remote user during the current session? If so, then this feature is already available from the Toolbar within the Full Control connection mode (it's an icon with a lock symbol). If you mean something else, then could you please describe what exactly would the "Scroll Lock" feature do when enabled?

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 14, 2022 11:12:30 am EST
No, sorry for my english. Now I try to use a translator.

What I mean is that I would like to be able to enable and disable the "FullControl" feature by pressing the "Scroll Lock" keyboard button. And likewise it would be handy that the "Scroll Lock" keyboard LED lights up when "FullControl" is disabled.

The advantage is this: I happen to assist a customer while he is working or explaining the problem to me.
If I need to move the mouse for my needs (such as opening my mail program) while my mouse is over the client's Remote Control window, it happens that I move the client's mouse unintentionally.
The problem is that I don't have a safe way to lock out "FullControll" mode, when I don't need it, without having to use mouse or keyboard.

So I thought it could be coupled functionality to the "Scroll Lock" button, which has become deprecated, and also has an associated LED on the keyboard itself.

However, since not all software has abandoned it (for example Excel) it is a good idea that this function (turning the FullControl on/off by pressing the "Scroll Lock" button) can only be activated if the operator so wishes.
In this situation, pressing the "Scroll Lock" keyboard button should not be sent to the remote computer.
Attached Files
Feature Suggestion: enable/disable Fullcontrol with BlocScroll
Dec 14, 2022 7:13:36 pm EST
Hello Flavio,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward your suggestion to our development department for a review. However, please note that not all keyboards might have the "Scroll Lock" key - for example, it might not be available on smaller keyboards for some laptops. In addition, please note that you can also use the Alt+F12 hotkey within the Full Control window to quickly switch between Full Control and View Only modes.

Hope that helps.
Dec 14, 2022 8:33:45 pm EST
Thanks.
I know the Alt+F12 hotkey.
But what's happen if I press this when the remote desktop is active?
Will be sent the hotkey to remote PC?
Dec 15, 2022 10:17:13 am EST
Hello Flavio,

The Alt+F12 hotkey will switch you to the View Only mode - this mode allows you to see the remote screen in real time, but the control of the remote Host machine is delegated to the remote user. When pressing the hotkey for the second time, it switches you back to the Full Control mode and you regain the control over the remote machine.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)