Having a problem with iphone app connecting to host computer- Windows XP. Wi-Fi works ok with the connection i.e computer to computer but not 3G or 4G. Loaded Remote Utilities on a mates Android phone and it works. Checked heaps of settings in iphone, used the troubleshooting and checked port 5650 etc, tearing hair out over the last few days. Error shows
I've noticed on the screenshot that you're connecting to your Host using Internet-ID connection. Please note that for Internet-ID connection ports that are required to be opened for the connection to work are slightly different - it's Outbound TCP ports 5655/443. For more information on ports used by Remote Utilities please see this page. Please make sure that at least one of the required ports is opened and not used by other software.
Appreciate the quick reply. I have done some more troubleshooting/testing. Should have mentioned it used to work on this Iphone (apologies-confirmed mine is a model XR) but recalled from the following testing, the phone did an Apple update a few months ago to - version 14.6, a week later when I went to log in, RU stopped accessing. I have updated the host computer software to the latest version, no good. Have now hassled several people at work to get the information following **Just tried a friends Iphone 6 with version 12.5.3 and it worked, yes. ( app auto loaded port 5650) **Another Iphone 6 ( didn't check the version as it was over the telephone) and it works Another Iphone 7 with version 14.4.2 failed to work- ( app auto loaded port 5650), also tried port 5655 Another Iphone 12 with version 14.7.1 failed to work- ( app auto loaded port 5650), also tried port 5655 Another iphone 11 with version 14.7.1 failed to work- ( app auto loaded port 5650), also tried port 5655 **Tried another Android phone , now 2 x Android's and both work. Quite familiar loading the RU app and logging in now!! Summation is the Apple software version 14.***** is blocking the remote access. Confirmed by the testing above. Your thoughts moving forward on a way around this please.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to reproduce the issue yet. Could you please confirm that all iPhones where the connectivity issue occurred had the latest version of the Viewer app installed (as of this writing it's version 12.2)?
In addition, could you please provide us the log files fr om the Viewer app wh ere the issue occurred as well as the Host logs from a remote machine you were trying to connect to? Here's how to locate the Host logs. As for the Viewer logs from the mobile app please open the menu at the upper left corner and select Settings -> Error log -> Copy - you can then paste the logs into a plain text editor and send it for examination along with the Host's logs. You can send them to [email protected].
Good afternoon Support Apologies for the slow response, in COVID lockdown again! I have resolved the connection issue on my mobile phone by reinstalling our work Global Connect (mobile security- IT indicated this wasn't the issue), reloaded program, re-connected and now working again, whew. So it appears it is a firewall issue or version difference between Iphone software and Global Connect version (hopefully!). Thankyou for your advice. When we are allowed, I will visit the remote computer and download the relevant information, will be good to have this regardless as a reference for the future in troubleshooting.