Community

Remote Utilities - Host stop immediately after it's started

Links used in this discussion
Steven Xing, User (Posts: 11)
May 31, 2021 1:21:56 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Host version is 7.0.2.0, it's installed on Windows Server 2016 Standard, While starting host service, after one second, it will switched backup to stop by itself.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
May 31, 2021 4:30:52 pm EDT
Hello Steven,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let me know if you have any antivirus/other security software running/installed on the Host machine? If yes, please try adding the Host installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\* to the software's exception list.
In case if the above does not help, please try uninstalling Host completely as described in this tutorial and then reinstalling it from scratch. In addition, in case if there is some antivirus/security software installed, I recommend that you also add the Host installation folder above to the exception list as well.

Last but not least, if the above solutions did not help, please feel try referring to this troubleshooting guide. If the solutions from the guide do not help, please provide us the information listed there for examination. You can send the logs and registry key to support@remoteutilities.com.

Hope that helps.
Steven Xing, User (Posts: 11)
Jun 01, 2021 3:23:58 pm EDT
Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem although I don't know the root cause. The issue is caused by Domain Policy, once I disjoin it from domain, everything works fine. I need spend time to test and find the setting.
Jun 01, 2021 4:02:00 pm EDT
Hello Steven,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now! Such issues might be caused by some specific settings or configurations that are unique for each environment. Please feel free to let us know if there are any updates on the issue or if you have more questions.

We're happy to help!
Stefan Hegedues, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 23, 2021 2:11:05 pm EDT
Hi,

I hope I'm allowed to bump this post as I have a similar issue on a non-domain computer, but with some windows features removed (ie. Internet Explorer) to be more secure (let's call it minimal image)

Complete fresh installation (including Reg and Temp data removal)
Right after the start of the Host (or the service) it crashes with
        "Fatal error. rfusclient.exe is corrupted."

Even with procmon I cannot find the cause of it, the crash happens right after reading some crypthography registry settings - on other regular Windows 10 installation the Host is working as expected. -
Is there a requirement to have Internet Explorer available?

Edit:
It was the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot]
"DisableRootAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

After changing to 0 the software works
Edited:H3GE - Jul 23, 2021 3:28:42 pm EDT
Jul 23, 2021 3:32:16 pm EDT
Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your message.

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now! In case if similar issues occur in the future please try using this Microsoft Tool that can help to automatically repair issues with installing/removing programs as well as fixes corrupted registry keys.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)