Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Printing issue on viewer

Page:
Links used in this discussion

David Brams, User (Posts: 6)

Jul 13, 2016 3:22:19 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
When I go to print  as a Viewer, the screen says processing, but the new window with the page to print never shows up.  The Remote Utilities Printer is installed.  This only happens when I am opening up a document that is on the host computer - the printing works when I open up a document on the viewer computer.

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2491)

Jul 13, 2016 6:35:54 pm EDT

Hello David,

Please, close/exit the Viewer and run it "As administrator" . Let me know if that works.

Jul 13, 2016 6:55:28 pm EDT

Not sure how to open viewer as administrator.

Jul 13, 2016 8:25:02 pm EDT

Hello David,

You should right-click on the Viewer's shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as administrator" from the Windows context menu.

Jul 14, 2016 9:07:33 am EDT

Ran as administrator.  Same problem.  Can print pages that i open on my computer - but if I open a file on the host computer, when I go to print, it just says "processing", but never goes to the window that shows the page to print.

Jul 15, 2016 6:31:40 am EDT

Please reply ... this is a serious problem for me.

Jul 15, 2016 6:46:49 am EDT

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please check Settings for Host -> Security -> Advanced -> Modes tab and make sure that you have "Remote Printing" enabled there.

Jul 15, 2016 7:00:21 am EDT

Remote printing is checked enabled.  Again, I am able to print anything in my files, or off the internet.  It is only a file that is stored on the host computer that is the problem.

Jul 15, 2016 1:15:32 pm EDT

David,

One more question - what RU version do you have installed? Is it the latest 6.3.0.6 on both sides (Viewer and Host)?

Jul 15, 2016 1:26:56 pm EDT

Both settings are 6.3.0.6 - viewer and host.
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.