Community

Connection to host freezes after some time - RDP instead of Internet I

Links used in this discussion
Erik Pollmann, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 23, 2020 8:41:57 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have set up a work PC with host for internet ID access via my self-hosted server, using the viewer fr om home.

Connection works usually without problems, but after some time idling, the connection always drops, and the viewer window gives me the error message:
"Remote desktop connection: error occured."
(more on the image)

Now I use "Full Control" to control my remote PC, I never nowhere configured RDP. What can cause it to use RDP/what is the reason for the error message? What kind of log (wh ere?) would you need me to provide?

Thank you very much for your support,
Erik
Attached Files
Connection to host freezes after some time - RDP instead of Internet I
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 23, 2020 1:17:41 pm EDT
Hello Erik,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check that you connect to the remote Host machine using the Full Control and View mode and not using the RDP or RDP-over-ID mode?

If this is the case, then you can send us the Host log file along with the Viewer connection log for examination. You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.
Please do not publish the logs on the forum as they are considered personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Erik Pollmann, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 24, 2020 4:11:06 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I double-checked - I always use "Full Control", and RDP is not configured for connection at all.

Strange enough, since I posted I and started the viewer event logging, i did not get the message/problem/connection drop again.

I know this sounds like "I found the bug but do not want to admit" - I will keep checking and update the post/submit the logs to your email address once it comes up again.

Thank you so far,
Erik
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 24, 2020 10:02:05 am EDT
Hello Erik,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please feel free to send us the log files or any other updates if the issue occurs again.

Let us know if you have more questions. We're happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)