Community

Connection problem

Links used in this discussion
Alain Haentjens, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 08, 2021 6:39:56 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
When I tried to connect with the latest version of Remote Utilities, I have the following screen and I'm not able to connect.
Does anyone facing the same problem?
In this case, how do you solve it?
Best regards,
Alain
Attached Files
Connection problem
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 08, 2021 2:20:09 pm EDT
Hello Alain,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue - we've partially fixed it in version 7.0.0.3, but since it still manifests itself in some scenarios, we'll be adding additional fixes for this issue - the fix will be available in our next update. We'll do our best to release an updated version as soon as possible, but, unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this update yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, please try the following temporary workarounds that might help connecting to a remote Host:
1. Authenticate/Log in on one of your Hosts where the issue with the "world map" window occurs.
2. Start a Full Control session. The "world map" screen must be showing for some time.
3. In the Full Control window, right-click on the connection tab, select Send key command and choose a command to send (e.g. the Alt+PrtScr command or you can choose any other).
4. If everything goes well the connection should immediately be established.

If the above solution did not help, please try simply closing the Full Control connection window and re-opening it once again right away.

Please let us if you have more questions.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Apr 09, 2021 1:42:30 am EDT
Polina, I'm having the same issue on the viewer.

Is your fix going to involve only the viewer or the host as well? I'm currently postponing installation of Host 7.0.0.3 due to the problems discussed in my other thread, this would be an extra issue to wait for a more definite resolution.
Apr 09, 2021 9:55:37 am EDT
Hello,

Is your fix going to involve only the viewer or the host as well?

Initially this issue occurred on the Host side - we believe that this has to do with the remote monitor turning off and subsequent VIewer's inability to wake it. However, we're implementing additional fixes in order to eliminate the issue completely.

I'm currently postponing installation of Host 7.0.0.3 due to the problems discussed in my other thread, this would be an extra issue to wait for a more definite resolution.

Of course, we understand and apologize for the inconvenience. We'll do our best to release the update with a fix for this as soon as we can. I'll make sure to notify everyone in this thread as soon as the update is available.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Alain Haentjens, User (Posts: 4)
Aug 11, 2022 6:03:47 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I'm trying from 2 different computers to connect on a Remote utility Host in v7.1.5.0, on the first one, it's immediate, on the second one, I have the screen attached.
A second problem is that we can not move or remove the tag on the right-down corner which hides a part of the screen which is really a problem with programs.
Many thanks for your help,
Alain
Attached Files
Connection problem
Aug 11, 2022 12:11:14 pm EDT
Hello Alain,

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab for the Host machine where the issue occurs and see if this helps.
Please make sure to restart Host after enabling the feature in order to apply the changes.

A second problem is that we can not move or remove the tag on the right-down corner which hides a part of the screen which is really a problem with programs.

Please note that this notification banner is persistent and cannot be hidden or disabled. However, the banner is only displayed when you connect to a remote Host using Viewer registered with a free license key or in trial mode and use Internet-ID connection.
Currently the message can only be removed when connecting to a remote Host via Direct connection or fr om a Viewer registered with any commercial license.
We plan to implement an improvement that will allow users to hide this notification banner on the Viewer's side. In addition, it will be possible to change the corner wh ere the notification banner is displayed - this feature will be available in one of the next updates as well.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)