Community

Keyboard Entry not accepted in VT emulator program

Anne Williams, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 31, 2018 11:15:51 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
In addition to other key combinations not working after upgrade to version 6.10.2.0 (details listed in posts by others) I have a IBM VT emulator program, Personal Communications, that is not recognizing any text entered through the remote keyboard.  The function keys work, but none of the letters or numbers.  I did not have this issue prior to upgrade.  A screen shot of the program details is attached. Let me know if you need any other details.
Attached Files
Keyboard Entry not accepted in VT emulator program
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Dec 31, 2018 12:13:08 pm EST
Hello Anne,

You are right, it's a different problem. This problem is caused by our migration to another (more modern) key input mechanism.

However, it seems that we should also keep the option to switch to older (previously used) key input/transfer mechanism just for such occasions.  Some older applications as in this case may experience problems with accepting key input the new way.

So in the upcoming hotfix we'll add an option to switch to legacy key input so you will be able to enable that option in Viewer connection properties for that specific machine.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Keith Davis, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 31, 2018 1:12:46 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I'm having the same problem as Anne above although with a different app on the host. I saw another thread that reverting to prior viewer version may solve the problem until the hot fix is available per Conrad. Thanks !
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Dec 31, 2018 1:15:10 pm EST
Hello Keith,

We are going to release the fix tomorrow, but if you like, you can already test it out. Please, send a message to support@remote-utilities.com and I'll send you a new Viewer exe. You will just need to replace the existing Viewer exe (rutview.exe) in the Viewer installation folder. Hosts are not affected by this bug.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)