Forums

save logon credentials when pc/server is locked

Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 36)

Jan 23, 2014 4:33:38 pm EST

im not sure if your familiar with logmein but there is a feature that logmein has. when I login to a remote pc it requests username/password,domain etc. just like remote utilities, however if the pc or server is locked or not logged in when I click on the send control alt delete logmein pops up an option to login using the credentials already supplied. is it possible to have a similar/same feature in remote utilities
this will probably only be relevant when using domain/nt security but it saves me from having to enter credentials twice and for security reasons all servers/workstations are set to auto log off after a period of time. so every time I connect the server or pc will be locked the feature logmein has comes in quite handy.

thank you for your consideration

Mike

Conrad Sallian, Administrator (Posts: 1151)

Jan 23, 2014 5:40:00 pm EST

Michael Taylor wrote:
im not sure if your familiar with [censored] but there is a feature that [censored] has. when I login to a remote pc it requests username/password,domain etc. just like remote utilities, however if the pc or server is locked or not logged in when I click on the send control alt delete [censored] pops up an option to login using the credentials already supplied. is it possible to have a similar/same feature in remote utilities
this will probably only be relevant when using domain/nt security but it saves me from having to enter credentials twice and for security reasons all servers/workstations are set to auto log off after a period of time. so every time I connect the server or pc will be locked the feature [censored] has comes in quite handy.

thank you for your consideration

Mike
Hi Michael,

First, sorry for the "censored" thing but we don't allow competitor names on the forum. But I understand what you mean.

I've added the feature into our wish/feature tracking list. This means that it has a good chance to be implemented in one of the upcoming versions.

Thank you!

Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 36)

Jan 23, 2014 10:01:55 pm EST

Hi Conrad,

No problem with the censored, I understand completely. I should have realized this. I apologize.

I appreciate your consideration regarding the feature request.

Thank you

Mike

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)