Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

rutserv-a program is trying to display a message

Links used in this discussion

isth, User (Posts: 5)

Mar 16, 2016 2:12:21 am EDT

Support level: Free or trial
I'm getting the following pop up/window in windows 7 pro:
a program is trying to display a message-> ask me later/view the message (rutserv.exe)

If i press view the message i see a login window with my remote utilities id. If i press return to windows the login dissapears.

Is this normal? Is it a matter regarding user policy/rights... or is it maybe a security issue on my pc?

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2491)

Mar 16, 2016 6:37:02 am EDT

Hello,

Could you please show us a screenshot of the message? You can also send it via email to support@remote-utilities.com , just refer to this forum thread.

Thanks.

isth, User (Posts: 5)

Mar 18, 2016 1:35:07 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
It's similar to that:

If i press show program details it mentions the rutserv.exe file.

Next time i see it i'll grab a photo. It doesn't happen very often.

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2491)

Mar 18, 2016 2:28:19 pm EDT

Hello,

This is a Windows feature called "Interactive services detection". Looks like you have this feature enabled on your computer.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/patricka/2011/03/14/troubleshooting-interactive-services-detection/

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.