Community

Remote Uninstallation

Links used in this discussion
Nathan Dickinson, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 23, 2019 1:32:54 pm EDT
Remote Uninstallation of Desktop Applications should be a feature in remote utilities as you can remote install applications via msi and exe so why not have an Uninstall feature.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Oct 23, 2019 6:07:09 pm EDT
Hello Nathan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean uninstalling Host remotely? If this is the case, there is already such a feature within the Remote Install Tool. In order to uninstall the Host remotely, please do the following:
1. Run the Viewer as administrator.
2. In the Viewer address book select a connection (or a few connections).
3. Navigate to the Tools tab on the toolbar and click Remote Install...
4. Select a connection type and in the Action menu choose Uninstall host and click Process action.
Remote Uninstallation - 23 Oct 2019 06:05:00
For more information please refer to this Documentation article.

If you mean something else, please elaborate a bit more on the feature.

Hope that helps.
Nathan Dickinson, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 24, 2019 4:23:59 am EDT
Yeah i mean something else So the remote uninstallation of programmes on the remote machine such as Anti-Virus makes it easier so we dont need to login and manually uninstall these applications

I tried to do it via the terminal command and run powershell from it but powershell doesn't seem to work through terminal
Oct 24, 2019 9:56:28 am EDT
Hello Nathan,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward your feature suggestion to our developers for review to see if it can be added to our roadmap.

As for the PowerShell commands feature - we certainly have this feature on our roadmap but haven't implemented it yet.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Oct 24, 2019 5:06:39 pm EDT
Hello Nathan,

Thank you for your patience.

I checked with our developers on the feature. We do not plan to implement it as a separate feature or a connection method, but, perhaps, it will be a part of some new modules in our future updates.

Let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)