Community

Manage host using GPO

Matej Duriak, User (Posts: 3)
Jul 11, 2019 8:50:28 am EDT
Hi, it would be nice to have the possibility to change the host's settings using group policy and not to reinstall every time when you need to change some settings.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 11, 2019 8:52:54 am EDT
Hello Matej,

Thank you for your message. This feature is in our future plans.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 11, 2019 8:58:04 am EDT
Hi Matej,

I need to correct my own answer. We are not planning to implement bulk Host settings update via GPO. Rather, we are planning to implement our own centralized policies (using self-hosted server) feature.

However, you can already mass-update Host settings using GPO. Just export the Host's settings registry key and they propagate it across your remote machines using GPO. The key is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host
Matej Duriak, User (Posts: 3)
Jul 11, 2019 9:01:15 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hi Matej,

I need to correct my own answer. We are not planning to implement bulk Host settings update via GPO. Rather, we are planning to implement our own centralized policies (using self-hosted server) feature.

However, you can already mass-update Host settings using GPO. Just export the Host's settings registry key and they propagate it across your remote machines using GPO. The key is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host

Great, this will help too. I'm looking forward to use self hosted server for these purposes.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)