Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Does the economy network usage mode actually work?

Links used in this discussion

cosmos, User (Posts: 27)

Apr 28, 2020 4:26:08 am EDT

Support level: Free or trial
Hello again,

I'm trying to check this feature and I must say I'm buffled. I'm monitoring (objectively) the traffic via SNMP and (subjectively) via responsiveness. I do not see any difference at all when I'm switching from standard mode of operation to economy mode on the viewer. Does this require some special procedure?

Polina Krasnoborceva, Support (Posts: 818)

Apr 28, 2020 5:11:24 pm EDT

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

There are no special procedures required for enabling the Economy mode. Please note, that enabling the "Economy mode" can improve performance in certain circumstances, such as slow/laggy connection. Therefore, if you have a normal connection speed, the difference might not be noticeable.

However, it's not the only feature that can be used to speed up work on slow connections. Other options include:
  • Color depth
  • CPU Usage
  • Disable aero and remove wallpaper

The complete list of solutions that might help to improve connection speed or performance is available here.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.