MSI Configurator Freezes at the end.

jaxtek, User (Posts: 3)

Jul 01, 2014 10:35:13 am EDT

I'm new to Remote Utilities, I just downloaded it a couple days ago, using the latest version with a free license. I'm using a Toshiba Laptop with intel i3, 4GB RAM, Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I'm trying to make a one-click EXE installer. I'm running Viewer Administrator, I don't have Host installed on my machine.

Followed instructions at:

Completed each step exactly as specified.
copied in my "free license key".

After Step 4,8 It says, "Now close the Settings window by clicking the X button at the top-right corner of the window and wait until the configuration is complete. The system will prompt you to save the customized installer in .exe format. " As soon as I close the settings window, The viewer displays (not Responding). I let it run, for 12 hours and it never came back.

I've tried several times with and without AV running, with and without Team Viewer running. Also tried to create other types of MSI packages all with the same result. (frozen)

Am I doing something wrong?

Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 210)

Jul 01, 2014 10:52:06 am EDT

Hello Jaxtek,

Thank you for your message.

I've already answered your support ticket. You can see my answer here.

Jul 01, 2014 11:15:58 am EDT

Oh sorry, I didn't see your reply.

Jul 01, 2014 3:47:03 pm EDT

The problem, another application was interfering with the operation of "MSI Configurator."

I could remove each program one by one, to find out which one was conflicting.... But how many times are you going to create a custom MSI installer? In an effort to save time.....

Here's my solution:
I ran "Usoris Systems Viewer portable" on a virtual windows machine. Success!!! :D

Thanks Anton for your assistance,

Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 210)

Jul 01, 2014 4:16:01 pm EDT

We are glad, that you have found a solution :)

Let me know, if you need further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)