When launching the Viewer, adding a new record in the address book, or starting a remote session, an "Access Violation..." error is displayed.
Solution 1 (try this first)
The issue may be caused by a corrupted Viewer configuration file which is found in program
%APPDATA% folder. Please, try the following:
- Fully exit the Viewer (File → Exit).
C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\folder. Note that the AppData folder may be hidden by default in which case you'll need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
- In the folder above locate the file
config_4.xmland delete it.
- Run the Viewer. You may have to register the Viewer again with your license key. See registering the program.
The issue may be caused by antivirus software activity or an incorrectly installed Viewer. Follow this procedure to fix the issue:
- Add the Viewer installation folder (by default it's
C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Viewer\) to your antivirus software exceptions list.
- Completely uninstall the Viewer.
- Restart the PC.
- Download and install the latest version of the Viewer.
- Use the Import Connections command on the Tools tab in the Viewer to import your address book from the backup file.
If this solution doesn't help, please submit a support ticket. Please, provide the error message details in the ticket.