This explains yesterday's foibles. I was unable to log into any of my hosts on 6 robot computers. They were reachable. Today all is fine. I have a mix of 7.1 & 7.2 hosts due to the malware issue with 7.1 and defender on Windows 8.1 I have not put an exception record on my 8.1 robots.
I was asked to clarify whether our issue is with Windows Defender or BitDefender. This is a variation, but may be of some help in trying to noodle the solution. The answer - Windows Defender on Windows 8.1. My Windows 10 machines using Windows Defender are not having an issue. I tried version 6.1 host.msi and it installed, but I could not access it with the viewer7.1.2 So I turned off Defender and the host7.1.2 installed. I then installed Avast Free and the system is working. I will not update any more of my Windows 8.1 robots to the new host until forced to.
The funky warning in the bottom right corner is a nuisance on our unmanned robots.
Defender is reporting Host 220.127.116.11 as Malware and removing it from the system. Unfortunately I did a remote install of host on this robot computer. I will try an old version of host6.10.msi. Window 8.1