Community

Renaming the Application

Your post has been added. Thank you.
Links used in this discussion
Em Brunet, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 05, 2019 7:18:29 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
How can I rename the application/program?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jul 08, 2019 10:11:41 am EDT
Hello Em,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on the reason why do you need to rename the application?

Looking forward to your reply.
Alan Halls, User (Posts: 23)
Aug 21, 2019 10:42:52 am EDT
I know I would love to be able to rename it as well. I brag about your software all the time to the IT staff of my clients and don't want there to be a conflict where when they also become your customer their installation overwrites my own and I lose the credentials set up through the one click installer.

I guess that also means ability to have multiple versions running, or making sure that when a new version is installed it keeps the old connection ID and users.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Aug 21, 2019 4:46:44 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your message.

I guess that also means ability to have multiple versions running, or making sure that when a new version is installed it keeps the old connection ID and users.

When you install another instance of the Host on the PC with the existing Host installation, the Host's settings are either kept the same or being overwritten, no other Host instance is installed. For example, if you install a vanilla Host on top of an already existing Host installation, the settings remain the same as they were prior to the update. If a custom-built Host installation is installed - the settings are updated according to this table: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/about-msi-configurator/#Step_4:_Settings_update
However, you might consider using an Agent module as an alternative to the second Host installation. Please note, that the Host and the Agent still can't be running on the same PC simultaneously.

As for the renaming the application - unfortunately, we do not provide or sell white labeling.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)