Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Problems with Bluetooth keyboard and Ctrl key

Luis Navarro, User (Posts: 1)

Jun 29, 2019 3:08:24 pm EDT

I'm using the RU app on an Android 8.1 tablet to connect to a Windows 8.1 system.

I've now added a Bluetooth keyboard to the tablet and it works great with RU *except* the Ctrl key apparently doesn't get transmitted to the Windows system.  For example, if I'm typing in Notepad and type Ctrl-S, the Ctrl key gets ignored and Notepad adds an "s" at the current cursor location.

If I use the RU app menu to briefly enable the Ctrl modifier, I can get Ctrl-S to work but it's a pain.

I've verified the Ctrl key is working correctly and is detected by the Android tablet by using it successfully in the stock Android "Memo" app.

Is there a way to get the app to pass through the Ctrl key?

Polina Krasnoborceva, Support (Posts: 532)

Jul 01, 2019 9:59:54 am EDT

Hello Luis,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double check if there are any special utilities/software installed, especially those that could use or modify the behavior of the keyboard? Like clipboard helpers, touch-typing learning apps, etc.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.