Currently, we are working on a 64-bit server version and it is already available for testing. I recommend that you replace your current server with a 64-bit version and test to see if you still have issues. Here is how:
1. Back up your server installation folder - just copy it elsewhere
C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Server
2. Back up (export) server's registry entry
3. Stop the server process in Windows Task Manager - look for "Remote Utilities Server (32bit)".
4. In the server installation folder run uninstall.cmd as administrator
5. Download new files and replace the files in the server installation folder.
6. In the server installation folder run install.cmd as administrator
7. Restart the computer. Make sure that the server process is running (it may say "RMS" in this test build).
Your server logs and data should stay intact. Please, test the new build for a while and let us know of the results.