Thanks for the message. I have tried this and unfortunately the behaviour is still the same. Please note also that the problem occurs when closing a session, not starting one (which appears to be the circumstances described in the article).
The trick is that you should completely uninstall the Viewer. Alternatively, you can just navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ (exit the Viewer first) and delete the file config_4.xml. This file contains Viewer options - in most cases the error appears because of the corrupted file.
Then start the Viewer again and see if the error persists.
Unfortunately that still hasn't fixed the problem. The latest message in the dialog box is the same as previously (incidentally, I note that as I close each dialog box and a new one pops up, the 'Id' value changes).