Community

Norton Security not showing screen content on remote connection.

Links used in this discussion
Peter MacIntyre, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 30, 2024 6:57:40 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
For some reason on this particular server (Windows 10) the Norton screens are not displaying. See attached screen shot. I can see other open windows fine but nothing from Norton. On other windows 10 machines that I have remote utilities installed I can see norton screens  without any problems. Is there a Norton setting or a RU setting that I am missing? Maybe a weird firewall setting?  I only have this issue on this one machine. When I visit it in person I can see all the windows as you would normally expect. Any help/ pointers greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
Norton Security not showing screen content on remote connection.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 30, 2024 7:55:09 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Capture alpha-blending windows feature in the Connection Properties for this remote Host and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if this helps.
May 02, 2024 8:01:03 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Have you tried restarting Host and reconnecting to it after enabling the feature? Is this the only window you're having this issue with or is there any other software that has similar behavior when viewed in remote session?

Looking forward to your reply.
May 03, 2024 8:04:42 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Could you please double-check that both your Viewer and the remote Host in question are updated to the most recent version 7.2.2.0.? Sometimes version mismatch might cause such minor issues, so it's best to always keep all Viewers and Hosts updated to the most recent version. Here's a guide on how to update Remote Utilities.

Hope that helps.
D L, User (Posts: 12)
May 06, 2024 3:31:56 am EDT
Support level: Starter
What exact version of norton is on the problematic machine, and what on the working one
May 06, 2024 3:56:56 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Could you please confirm if both of your machines are running the same version of Norton 360 Premium? In addition, please let us know if you’ve already tried contacting Norton’s technical support team to see if they might be able to assist you with this issue?

Looking forward to your reply.
May 08, 2024 7:06:03 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Could you please also try enabling Use legacy capture mode on your remote Host where the issue occurs? You can find it in the Host Settings -> Other settings tab. After enabling the feature, please make sure to restart your remote Host to apply changes.

Let us know if this helps.
May 09, 2024 4:54:19 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

I will forward the issue to our developers to see if they're able to provide any input on this.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Peter MacIntyre, User (Posts: 8)
May 17, 2024 12:33:10 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Pauline wrote:

Hello Peter,

I will forward the issue to our developers to see if they're able to provide any input on this.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

Hi, any updates?  I could host a screen share session with your developers if they would like to "See" what is going on and maybe check some settings or whatever. If that helps at all?
May 17, 2024 5:54:07 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers - this issue might be caused by the antivirus's security mechanisms preventing the screen capture. The only solution that might help here, is to reach out to the Norton support team to see if they can let you know if/how this feature can be disabled within their software.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)