Community

EOIeException error in Run Only Agent

Trent, User (Posts: 15)

Jul 17, 2019 10:29:30 am EDT

Good morning!  I was just attempting to use the Run Only Agent with a customer and when they downloaded and ran the agent6.10.exe, they received the following message:

Application Error
Exception EOIeException in module rutserv.exe at 00151C47. The parameter is incorrect.

We tried running from different locations, run as administrator, "unblock" the file so it is not flagged as a downloaded file.  All still got the same error.  This is a fairly new Windows 10 Pro install.

Anyone else seen this?
Attached Files

Polina Krasnoborceva, Support (Posts: 382)

Jul 17, 2019 5:51:09 pm EDT

Hello Trent,

Thank you for reporting this.

I forwarded the issue to our developers and asked for their input.

I'll keep you updated.

Jul 19, 2019 5:38:01 pm EDT

Hello Trent,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue might be caused by some third-party software. Could you please clarify if the issue occurs on only one machine or it can be reproduced on multiple machines?
In addition, please try deleting this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Usoris\Remote Utilities\Host and remove this folder as well: %appdata%\Remote Utilities Agent.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Trent, User (Posts: 15)

Jul 20, 2019 6:58:55 pm EDT

Thanks, Polina!  Next time I have the need to login with that customer or if I encounter it again elsewhere I'll try those steps and will report back.  Luckily I've only seen this once so far.

Jul 22, 2019 12:35:04 pm EDT

Hello Trent,

Of course, feel free to post another message if the issue reoccurs or if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.