The connection between a remote host and my viewer no longer works - probably because of something the user did. This host is some distance from me and therefore I am interested in the timing of the next release to help me plan when to make the trip out.
If you could tell me if you think the next release will be available in days, weeks, or months, that would serve my purpose.
Ron, my best guess as to what happened has to do with the false positive anti-virus issues, as addressed in previous threads. I had a total of about 8 machines that Windows Defender and Security Essentials had quarantined. If you could get someone at the host machine to check the quarantine status of the rfusclient.exe file, and allow/restore it's operation, then restart the host or reboot the machine, you can probably save yourself a trip. Hope that helps. Benny
It's weeks from now, but not too many. Initially, we planned to release version 6.9 much earlier. In fact it would have already been available at the moment. Then we decided to add quite a few important fixes and features - namely two-factor authentication. So it will take a while.
I had a total of about 8 machines that Windows Defender and Security Essentials had quarantined.
That might be the case, although Microsoft was very fast to fix the issue. We haven't been reported issues with Windows Defender since then.
We continue to send reports and communicate with a/v software vendors regarding false positive classifications. The problem is that nowadays almost all a/v software vendors heavily rely on machine learning algorithms which are very inaccurate. Alas, they don't care much about their customers who have to restore their lost data or installations after another erroneous detection.
I was in the process of having someone at the host location locate and send me some RU log files when I tried to connect and it worked. Maybe Bitdefender updates fixed the problem. That's good enough for a couple of days.
I'm going out to the site on Wednesday and will retrieve the log files to track down why I was having trouble before.
Now I'm trying to arrange my next visit. Do you mind my asking you again what your current estimate for the next release is?
Sure. We are currently working on version 6.9 and we hope to make it available (at least for beta) in the first half of December, or even a bit earlier. Among other improvements this version is going to introduce 2-factor authentication.