Community

Agent with option to send Internet ID caused website to be flagged as dangerous

Chuck Wagner, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 15, 2017 11:48:58 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I created a custom Agent Package with my company logo and used "Send Internet-ID to Email" and copied this up to my website for ease of download. After about 2 hours my site was flagged as a phishing site by Google and Avast. I am 100% sure the Agent caused this as I have removed it from my site and requested a site review from google. Any way to prevent this from happening?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 16, 2017 1:00:28 pm EDT
Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your message.

One way to fix this (apart from persuading Google and Avast work harder in order to distinguish good software from bad) would be to sign the Agent file. When you download the vanilla Agent  from our site, it is signed with our digital signature (Code Signing Certificate) . When you build your own Agent using the MSI Configurator, the file is modified and the digital signature is removed.

In the near future we will implement an online configurator which will automatically sign your customer builds. But for now we can sign the file for you. Could you please open a ticket and attach your custom Agent to the ticket . We will check the file and returned a signed file to you. Make sure that you set up the Agent with all the options you need before sending the ticket.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)