Community

Drag and drop not visible

Links used in this discussion
sherman levine, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 13, 2014 1:13:17 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
If I drag and drop a folder while sitting at the host, the process (the little rectangle which appears at the drop location while the mouse button is depressed) is invisible at the remote

If I drag and drop a folder while sitting at the remote, the process is invisible at the remote, but visible at the host.

In both cases, the file transfer occurs properly.
I am not using Aero

Thanks for your help
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Sep 14, 2014 2:24:24 pm EDT
Hello Sherman,

Thank you for your message.

I hope that my answer in your pervious topic has solved this issue.
sherman levine, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 15, 2014 8:56:52 am EDT
The firefox menus work fine.

The problem was that the cursor did not change shape during drag and drop (from arrow to [arrow+box] or [arrow+box+plus] )

I changed the rendering of hosts cursor from "View only mode active" to "always" and now the remote matches the host.

Does that match your understanding of how your program should work?

Thank you
Sherm
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Sep 15, 2014 12:40:22 pm EDT
Hello Sherman,

That's correct. To see the remote cursor taking different shapes you need first to enable that in the connection properties, because they are not displayed by default.
Twit Warrior, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 05, 2018 9:37:36 pm EDT
what is the advantage and disadvantage of having this setting to always or set to never for a rendering of host cursor? Could you give an example please.  could you explain in some detail what the settings of a local mouse pointer.  thanks Also cannot find any description to what advance mouse scroll does or why one would want to enable or disable?   Is auto ping setting a good thing to increase or decrease?  Lastly is there a way to just disable remote mouse but keep the keyboard to work on the host? So full control minus the mouse. Could that setting be added via xml or config file. Thank you
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jun 06, 2018 4:54:50 am EDT
Hello,

what is the advantage and disadvantage of having this setting to always or set to never for a rendering of host cursor? Could you give an example please.

The default setting ("View only mode") is that you only see the remote cursor when in View mode, whereas in the Full control mode you only see your local cursor. If you set rendering remote cursor to "always", you will see two cursors, local and remote. If you quickly move your cursor across the screen this might cause the remote cursor to slightly lag behind your local cursor.

In normal everyday usage of the software you don't really need to render the remote cursor. You might need to show it, however, if there is a task that requires from you to see the remote cursor.

Also cannot find any description to what advance mouse scroll does or why one would want to enable or disable?

Advance mouse scroll setting defines what happens when you bring your cursor to screen edges. In other words it allows you to scroll the screen in horizontal and vertical direction without using the scrollbars (provided that the remote screen size is bigger than your local's and no shrinking is enabled). Here is a related documentation page.

You can disable it if you'd rather use the scrollbars.

Is auto ping setting a good thing to increase or decrease?

That depends on what you are trying to achieve. The ping only works in a local network so this setting is not actually that significant unless you really need to keep an eye on your LAN computers' network status (online/turned on).

Lastly is there a way to just disable remote mouse but keep the keyboard to work on the host? So full control minus the mouse.

Unfortunately, so far you can only lock or unlock both mouse and keyboard, but not separately.

Could that setting be added via xml or config file.

The settings in the config file just mirror what is available in the interface so editing the config file won't help much. But I will add your suggestion of locking mouse and keyboard separately to our wishlist.

Thank you!
Twit Warrior, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 08, 2018 10:35:27 am EDT
Thank you for responding I also have the question about task manager. It seems some task manager windows are not closing when you try to close from the remote window.  Is there a way to close a window via command prompt. Is this a known issue in windows ten / or is there an admin setting i need to set up to be able to close  a window or program using task manager remote window?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jun 08, 2018 1:24:12 pm EDT
Hello,

It seems some task manager windows are not closing when you try to close from the remote window.

Could you please elaborate on this? Exactly what windows you are trying to close? A screenshot could help.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)