Community

Remote Desktop doesn't load even though thumbnail shows a connection

Links used in this discussion
Frank Fiamingo, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 08, 2021 10:44:36 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am trying to connect to a Dell Laptop E6500 running RU Host. Although I can see in the Viewer that I am logged on and execute commands with the task manager and can see the screen in the quick view, the remote desktop screen never loads. All I see is "Connecting to E6500. Please wait..." which never completes regardless of how long I allow it to run. I tried "wake on LAN" but the laptop is connected to the Internet via a wireless adaptor that does not support wake on LAN. Remote reboot does not help. Any suggestion of how I can wake up the connection (if that indeed is the problem). If someone is on the laptop, I can connect normally. I have already set the power settings to "NEVER SLEEP" including when the lid is closed, but that did not help.
Attached Files
Remote Desktop doesn't load even though thumbnail shows a connection Remote Desktop doesn't load even though thumbnail shows a connection
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jun 08, 2021 12:13:43 pm EDT
Hello Frank,

Thank you for your message.

Which version do you use? This looks like a bug from the early release of v7, but the current version is 7.0.2.0.
Frank Fiamingo, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 09, 2021 3:45:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad. I am using Remote Utilities ver 7.0.2.0. Is there anything I can do to correct this?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jun 10, 2021 2:40:45 pm EDT
Hello Frank,

We need to take a look at the log files to better diagnose the issue. Feel free to send us the Host log files to support@remoteutilities.com .

Here is how to locate the logs https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/host-log/

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)