1) Yes, same Win10Pro 1909 machine, connecting to the Win10Pro host is also working fine now 2) Not that specific update number, I had two updates today. (image attached) 3) Both scan mode and unicode tested, both worked fine.
Pretty odd huh? I really wished it didn't just start working without some sort of concrete reason, but I'm glad it's working because it was a major pain to use the onscreen keyboard.
Well this is interesting, I downloaded the portable viewer, created two separate directories and extracted the contents of the zip file in each, copied over the Dec 20 build to one of them.
Applied my license, and created one entry in the address book on each version.
Tested both, and both work without issue.
I'm at a total loss as to why everything is working on both versions of viewer but I'll gladly accept it, even though it bugs me that we really don't have a reason why it would suddenly stop and then start working again.
1. Could you please provide the exact release numbers (you can open Help -> About in the Viewer).
2. You only update/change Viewer, not Hosts, correct?
Yes, on viewer I'm running 18.104.22.168 (July 2nd) build.
All hosts are running 22.214.171.124 as I wasn't provided a Dec 20 build for hosts, only viewer.
3. For simplicity of the experiment I recommend that you run portable Viewer from two different folders (i.e. each version resides in a different folder). You can populater both address books with same hosts. So in order to compare how it works in different versions first run rutview.exe from one folder, then run rutview.exe from the other folder.
Again, we cannot reproduce this in our environment (although we will try our best) , and your input will be helpful .
Do you have an updated build for the portable viewer? The one on the download site is July 2. Happy to continue testing, though it is quite odd that it started working after reverting back to July 2nd build.
I am contemplating spinning up a Win10 build 1909 VM to work with a clean OS, though I don't know if that will help resolve the issue I and others are having but it's pretty easy for me to do.
I'm also dealing with this issue. Viewer machine Win 10Pro. Host machines range from Win7, Server2012, 2016 and Win10Pro. All running the latest RU. (6.10).
Changing keyboard input didn't have any effect. What I did notice though is if I open an RDP or Terminal session to the remote host the Enter/Shift/CTRL keys work fine. If I use the RU Full control method I have the issue.
I've uninstalled and deleted the "AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files" folder and re-installed RU on both the host and viewer machines. No change.
Stopping the MS Click to run service had no effect.
May attempt to roll-back some updates but this is very annoying to say the least.