First of all, let me say that I finally got everything working. However, it wasn't all smooth sailing. I guess I must be in the minority, but this upgrade for me was a struggle. Below, I'll describe what happened, and the solutions that worked for me.
1. The upgrade to 22.214.171.124 was flawless. All of my viewers, hosts, and server upgrades went smooth as silk. No problems whatsoever.
2. The following day, I tried upgrading to 126.96.36.199. That's when the wheels fell off.
On my main viewer machine "Windows 7", I tried installing the viewer. Got the errors described in another post. Following the directions in the other post, I tried to uninstall viewer using the Windows Control Panel Programs and Features. This didn't work, as Windows couldn't find the necessary uninstall files. I eventually uninstalled viewer using the uninstall viewer shortcut in the "All Programs"-"Remote Utilities-Viewer" folder, then manually deleting the config_4.xml file. Re-booted machine, then reinstalled viewer. Success !! EXCEPT, General Address book was there but was now empty..... Solved this by restoring a backup from day before... Thank You for this automatic backup feature. Viewer required complete re-configuration, including license key. I guess all of that was in the config file I deleted. OK, viewer is at this point operational, Full Control, File Transfer etc worked fine. Until....
3. Click on RDP file to open rdp connection... Would not work. Got more errors, couldn't open .rdp file.
Every computer in my address book was like this for RDP. Could not even open the file using MS RDP. Opened the files in notepad, and each and every one of my .rdp files were corrupted. Only the top 4-5 lines in the file were visible, and it looked like a foreign language instead of the usual parameters.
I just happened to backup the whole viewer folder before upgrading, in case I wanted to downgrade. At this point, I copied my backups back into the rdp folder. After trying to open another rdp connection, it corrupted that file instantly. I didn't click on any other rdp connections in viewer, until I could figure out what was going on. I finally figured out that the files were being corrupted, as soon as I right click on a connection and select "Properties". Didn't even have to go to the RDP tab. As soon as properties for that connection was selected, bang, the file was corrupted. The only work around I found for this, was to open the properties dialog for the connection, leaving that dialog up while I navigated to my backup, and copy/paste the file back into the rdp folder, then finally closing the properties dialog box. This finally got my RDP connections working, however, I had to do this for each and every one of my connections. Now I feel good about this particular viewer, except I had to do this whole procedure to my other two viewers as well. They all did this exact same thing. One other Win 7 machine and 1 old XP machine.
4. Upd ated RU server, the only problem was, I got the errors about it needing to uninstall the previous version, but the Control Panel uninstall didn't work for that either. Uninstalled using the same procedure as for viewer. Not as painful, but I did have to use a different remote software to get at my RU server to do the work, as the server is in another location.
5. Several of my hosts would not completely install upgrade using the remote install tool. Again, another remote software was used to complete the uninstall-reinstall of the new version.
Finally, I got everything up and running smoothly again. I really do like the new viewer, more accurate online/offline status, search tool, and the ability to se t the connection type for double click in the viewer. This upgrade was nowhere near as easy as the previous upgrade, but I guess it might just be my setup, as I haven't seen any other posts in the forum talking about these problems.
Thanks again Conrad. Still love this software...