Community

Android Access Violation Error in RU Viewer When Caption Field Edited

RR B, User (Posts: 9)
Apr 30, 2021 2:55:15 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Using latest version of Android RU Viewer and latest version of RU Host, I'm getting "Access violation at address 82367224, accessing address 408FFFFC" error whenever I attempt to edit the "Caption" field in the Properties section of the computer to which I'm trying to connect. The "Caption" field is populated by the remote computer's Internet-ID by default (i.e. Caption field and Internet-ID fields initially contain the same values), and I only get the error when the value of the Caption field is changed from the default value to a text value representing the remote computer's description. Before changing the Caption field, I can connect to the remote computer with no problem.
I've tried clearing the RU Viewer app cache and user data, and deleting and re-installing the Android RU Viewer app.
I've observed this behavior over several years through several different RU versions and Android operating system versions (currently Android 10). Works great for a while, even when changing the Caption field, then all of a sudden start getting the Access Violation error, all remote computer ID's and properties get wiped out, but still can access remote computers if Internet-IDs are re-entered and Caption field is left with the Internet-ID default value in the Caption field.
How can this be resolved?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 30, 2021 4:52:34 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank your message.

Could you please double-check if you're using the latest version of mobile Viewer for Android? We've released an updated version 12.02 just a few days ago with an implemented fix for the issue with custom fields, such as the "Caption" field.
In addition, we recommend that you update your Android device to the latest version 11 as well, since in our latest updates we've implemented a few fixes for compatibility with Android 11.

Hope that helps.
RR B, User (Posts: 9)
May 05, 2021 2:38:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
That fixed the issue, thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)