Overnight, my shift and control keys have stopped working when I connect to a remote PC. I see that this is a common problem. I have tried changing to unicode keyboard - this allows me to use the shift key, but not ctrl or enter. No changes have been made to the remote PC (at least, not manually instigated). This makes the software unusable for me which, in the current working from home situation, is a major issue. Since so many people are suffering from this, please make finding a solution a priority.
Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities do you use? If you use version 126.96.36.199, please try updating Remote Utilities to the latest 6.12 Beta 1 version as we have already implemented a fix for this behavior in the beta version. The 6.12 Beta 1 version of Remote Utilities is available for the download here. When updating Remote Utilities please also make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues and some features not working.
Updating to 6.12 Beta has solved the problem with the shift, ctrl an enter keys. However, I now get a lot of connection problems, where the connection screen is blank. The only way I can get a connection again is to connect via a terminal screen, restart the remote computer and then do a new connection. I need to do this multiple times a day and it's very annoying. I have updated the host machine so that both viewer and host are using the same version.
As for the blank screen issue - could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature? In order to do so, please do the following: 1. Right-click on the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host and navigate to the Other tab. 2. Enable the Use legacy capture mode checkbox and click OK. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart the Host.
In addition, please try referring to this troubleshooting guide and see if any of the solutions listed there help to resolve the issue.
Please let us know if the solutions above did not help and the issue persists.
Had the problem for the very first time 3 days ago. Solved it by uninstalling various .NET framework updates (KB5012117, KB5010472) and preventing them to be reinstalled by using the "wushowhide.diagcab" tool from Microsoft.