Thank you for your message.
1) Can I use my 1 free Viewer license on 3 different computers? If yes, how do I do that?
Sure, even if you use the free license
, you are not restricted to a specific workstation given that you're the only tech. This means that you can install this license on any number of computers so long as there's only one tech working with the license at a given moment, e.g. you can install and register the Viewer on your home PC, your laptop and your office PC and work from any of those workstations — one at a time. For more information, please refer to this KB article
However, please note, that with the free license you only can add up to 10 records
in your address book with which you can actively work, including concurrent use (i.e. connect to a few remote Host from your Viewer).
To register the Viewer with the free license key, please follow this tutorial
. Other program modules such as Host, Agent, and RU Server do not require registration.
3) If (somehow) I have the Viewer installed on 3 computers, how do I get my Hosts on each Viewer? And how do I keep them in sync if I add or remove a host?
There are a few ways to sync address books on a few different Viewers:
1. You can manually export and import the address books
. Please note, that while using this method, when you upd ate one copy, the other copy is not
upd ated. Manual export/import can be used when you have few records in your address book or when you don't update records often.
2. You can se t up the address books to sync automatically through a shared resource, such as a Dropbox or OneDrive folder. This method would suit you if you're the only person who works with the software. To se t up the address book sync via shared resource, please refer to this tutorial
3. You might also consider using the Portable Viewer
as an alternative to the installable version, as it's easier than installing Viewer on each workstation and setting up a shared address book. In this case, you simply need to create your address book in the Viewer (Portable Viewer stores its all files in a single folder that you can take with you anywhere). Then you can copy the entire portable Viewer folder to Dropbox and run the Viewer executable (rutview.exe) from there on each workstation you work from. For more information on the Portable Viewer please refer to this Documentation page
Hope that helps.