Invalid license key error
When adding your license key to the License Key Storage you receive the following alert: Attention. Invalid registration key.
This issue could be caused either by a damaged license key file or a damaged Viewer configuration file. Please follow the advice below to resolve the issue.
Fix the issue with a damaged key file
- Search your email for a license key file (key.rlicense). It should be attached to the order email that you received when you purchased your license. If it's a free license key, it can be found in the email that you received from the free license key generator on our website.
- If you cannot find your license key use the Recover Lost Key form to get your license key emailed to you. This form works for both commercial and free license keys.
- Once you recover your license key file, follow the Register Remote Utilities guide to register your Viewer.
Fix the issue with a damaged configuration file
If you still cannot register your Viewer, try resetting the Viewer configuration file as follows:
- Fully exit the Viewer (File→Exit).
- Go to the
C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\folder. Note that the AppData folder may be hidden by default in which case you'll need to turn on Hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer settings.
- Locate the file
config_4.xmland delete it.
- Run Viewer and register it with your license key.