Community

FR: Server logging & historical information

Links used in this discussion
Asher Cerka, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 27, 2015 4:01:07 pm EDT
For various reasons, I've pretty commonly ran in to situations where I would've wanted to know what internet ID and IP addresses a computer had previously connected with. It would be nice to be able to log connection information from computers, even if it was just to a flat-file.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 27, 2015 6:05:20 pm EDT
Hello Asher,

What you might need in the Host log. The Host stores it's logs in C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs.

More information about logging.
Asher Cerka, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 28, 2015 8:57:46 am EDT
Some of the information in the host log is useful, but unfortunately it's stored on the host which makes it useless if the host isn't online which is often why I;ve wanted access to the information. To see some logging similar to this on the server would be a good start. It'd also be nice to be able to set clients and servers up so that client logs were automatically uploaded to the server when a connection was established but that's honestly probably less important.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 29, 2015 9:44:31 am EDT
Hello Asher,

Sure, we are thinking about providing a centralized reporting system. This has long been in our plans. And most likely that it will naturally use the RU Server as a central hub.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)