Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Keep screen saver from kicking in/locking

John Durrence, User (Posts: 5)

Apr 09, 2015 12:11:23 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
We use a domain policy that locks a computer when the screensaver kicks on at 5 minutes for security purposes.  I sometimes use caffeine if I know that I'm going to be on a machine a while (but multi tasking so that I'm not using it sometimes for the 5 minutes).  It would be an awesome feature to be able to activate per connection so that while I was on a computer it would keep the computer from locking.

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2491)

Apr 09, 2015 1:37:22 pm EDT

Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Am I right thinking that you suggest adding a feature that does what caffeine is doing - emulating a key hit every once in a while to keep computer from being locked?

John Durrence, User (Posts: 5)

Apr 09, 2015 2:22:34 pm EDT

That is correct.

Apr 09, 2015 3:12:20 pm EDT

Then I will add this to our wish list  :)

Angus Scott-Fleming, User (Posts: 11)

Jun 12, 2015 8:13:33 pm EDT

Add my vote for this ...

Jun 13, 2015 3:29:42 pm EDT

Thanks!

Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
Add my vote for this ...

Thanks!

Jim Cain, User (Posts: 4)

Dec 29, 2015 12:18:49 pm EST

Add my vote FOR this also. There are periods where I am not using the Host computer but I do not want the lock screen to activate with non use. I use other remote programs and no matter how long I have a Host computer minimized, when I focus back on it, the Host screen is right where I left it.

I am new to Remote Utilities and am currently evaluating it for further use. So far I am very impressed. It just needs some minor tweaks.

Jan 02, 2016 2:51:37 am EST

Hi Jim,

Thank you. Noted.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.