Community

Split the input lockout buttons

Links used in this discussion
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Apr 19, 2022 9:28:19 pm EDT
Locking the KBM and blanking the screen is a very useful options - generally I use it to prevent users seeing things they shouldn't or to lock out a PC while I'm working on it.

But it would be very useful to have a second option just to lock the input while keeping the screen active, for when showing users how to do things and not having them fight you for control of the mouse and keyboard.
David Silvera, User (Posts: 16)
Apr 20, 2022 12:39:42 am EDT
Hey snk-nick,
Not sure if you noticed, but while the screen is active, there is a gear icon that will take you to the Connection Properties. Select the Advanced tab and just check the box "Lock hosts mouse and keyboard" and click Ok.

But maybe you did notice and just asking for a 1 click solution instead of 4 clicks?
Edited:David Silvera - Apr 20, 2022 12:40:07 am EDT
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Apr 20, 2022 12:42:21 am EDT
Thanks David,

Yes I've seen that before, however as you say it's slow to enable/disable (compared to just an icon in the bar) and it also persists across connections with no visible indicator which can lead to some confusion (I know the screen lock can as well but you can see quickly if it's on or not).

A dedicated button would be very welcome.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 20, 2022 11:00:00 am EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages.

Yes, David is absolutely correct, it's possible to lock the remote machine's keyboard and mouse input via the Connection Properties menu. Unfortunately, there's no faster one-click solution for this yet. However, you can also invoke the Connection Properties menu within the Full Control session window via the Ctrl+F12 keyboard shortcut. You can also change the default hotkey combination in the Viewer's Option -> Hotkeys tab.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)