Hi Pauline! Thanks for your efforts to troubleshoot this issue with me. However, before we begin looking at the details of my particular issue, may I draw your attention to the main requests above. I want to be able to self-support, and a little documentation would go a long way.
- Would it be possible to get a doc page that shows exactly what it looks like (on both sides) when the restart Agent feature is used?
- Does either side generate logs that I can refer to in troubleshooting? Is there a logging switch?
Having said that...
1. Do you select anything for the Domain option in the "Restart Agent as..." window?
Excellent question! This is an area of confusion for me. We are using Microsoft 365 and Azure AD, so it's not clear whether the correct way to enter the information is
domain: mycompany user: chris
or if it should be
domain: azuread user: chris@mycompany
domain: mycompany.microsoftonline.com user: chris
. Have you tested this with cloud only (non-Hybrid) M365 environments?
2. Does anything happen on the physical remote machine when you restart Agent via the feature? For example, does your colleague see a UAC prompt?
Colleague reports seeing nothing.
3. Are you able to log in on the remote machine itself using your Windows user credentials that you use for the "Restart Agent as..." window?
By rights, yes. I'm using my admin account, which can log into every machine in our tenant. But I don't have physical access to test this personally.
Thanks again for your help!