Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Connection to ..... failed. Mode: <Authorization>

Links used in this discussion

Roger Saffle, User (Posts: 2)

Oct 19, 2018 12:09:17 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
have 4 host. Have internal RU server. Two of the host work just fine and have for a long time. Upgraded the RU server to 2.6 . I added two NEW host and they show up in the RU server list as connected. They show up in the view as online. If i click on one of the new host, they go offline and give this error
Connection to "remote host name" failed. Mode: <Authorization>

I have a password set on all 4 host. I do not save the password in the viewer. The two working host prompt me for password. The two broken just go offline then back online.

for the broken, works fine if i use the default internet RU server, works fine if i IP connect.

Roger Saffle, User (Posts: 2)

Oct 19, 2018 12:31:39 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
I installed the Beta viewer and remote. Same issue, cept now its got an additional error
InetConnection to internet-id server #740818 Error. Name: "my host name", host: "my server name:5655". Exception class: "EIdSocketError". Message: "Socket Error # 11001
Host not found.".

as you can see in the attached, all 4 host are connected. The one in yellow is one of the ones I am having trouble with.
Attached Files
Edited:Roger Saffle - Oct 19, 2018 12:33:15 pm EDT

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2491)

Oct 22, 2018 5:23:04 am EDT

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your message.

This knowledge base article may help https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/socket-error-11001-host-not-found/

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.