Host icon is not being displayed in the system tray
The Host icon is not visible in the system tray on the remote computer.
Here are possible causes:
- Host is not running.
- Host was not installed properly and is not working correctly.
- The Host files were quarantined or damaged by antivirus software.
- Reboot the remote computer. If the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 2.
- Right-click the Windows taskbar, select Task Manager and click the Processes tab. Make sure that the
rutserv.exeprocesses are running. If they are not running, proceed to step 3.
- Go to the Windows Start menu, navigate to All programs➝Remote Utilities - Host and select Start Host. If the processes are running but the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 4.
- Add the Host installation path to your antivirus software exceptions list. Please, refer to this article for more information. If adding Host to antivirus software exceptions didn't help, proceed to step 5.
- Completely uninstall Host and then re-install it. Reboot the Host computer after the installation.