Host icon is not being displayed in the system tray
Host icon is not visible in the system tray on the remote PC.
Here are possible causes:
- The Host is not running.
- The Host was not installed properly and is functioning erratically.
- The Host files were corrupted by antivirus software during or after installation.
- Reboot the remote computer. If the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 2.
- Right-click the Windows taskbar, select Task Manager and click the Processes tab. Make sure that the
rutserv.exeprocesses are running. If they are not running, proceed to step 3.
- Go to the Windows Start menu, navigate to All programs ➝ Remote Utilities - Host and select Start Host. If the processes are running but the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 4.
- Add the Host installation path to your antivirus software exceptions list. Please, refer to this article for more information. If adding Host to antivirus software exceptions didn't help, proceed to step 5.
- Perform complete Host uninstall and then re-install the Host. Reboot the Host PC after installation.