Hi... I'm sure I was able to do this a few months ago. But now, I "connect" from my iphone, and I only get a black screen. I can get the keyboard by tapping the keyboard icon, and the settings. But my desktop does not show up in the remote utilities app. Only a black screen. Can you tell me what I'm missing.
Desktop is a Dell Optiples 3010, Win 7 Pro, display resolution 1920 x 1080. I checked the logs on the desktop and iphone, and desktop says access granted, and iphone says connection successful.
Conrad, thank you very much for your quick reply. I deleted and re-installed the iphone app to version 11.3 before posting. However, I'm using the host version 126.96.36.199. Other forum posts referenced version 5.6 as the most current, so I didn't think to check for a newer version. I'll try that.
Conrad... I downloaded and installed host version 188.8.131.52. Rebooted host computer. Same issue... black screen on iphone. Keyboard icon on lower left corner is visible, and tapping on it brings up the keyboard. Checked that iphone version is 11.3. Any other ideas? Thanks again...
Conrad... it works on my iphone now. Steps I took...
1. Since you mentioned the graphics card on my computer, I turned off the screensaver and set the "turn off display" from 45 minutes to "never". Reboot my computer. The iphone still had a black screen. Left my computer display settings as is.
2. Installed the desktop viewer on another computer. Remote Utilities worked as expected.
3. Went back to iphone... still black screen. But this time I waited a few seconds (15 to 20 seconds or so), and the host desktop showed up on the iphone.
4. Set "turn off display" back to 45 minutes. Reboot my computer. The iphone worked, after waiting a few seconds.
5. Turned on screensaver. Reboot my computer. The iphone worked, after waiting a few seconds.
Looks like I didn't wait long enough when I tried to get remote access from the iphone... even thought it seemed like "long enough" when I tried and got the black screen. All is well.