Community

Endpoint License vs multiple viewers

Links used in this discussion
Tiago Gomes, User (Posts: 5)
Sep 15, 2020 2:29:10 pm EDT
Support level: Endpoint
Suppose I have 200 computers, and 1 acquire endpoint license for each (i.e. 200 endpoint licenses).
Can I use those same 200 licenses in multiple viewers (multiple techs/concurrent connections in different hardware) - working similar to the legacy Remote Utilities v5 licensing (which was licensed at the "host" side)?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Sep 15, 2020 5:26:04 pm EDT
Hello Tiago,

Thank you for your message.

Can I use those same 200 licenses in multiple viewers (multiple techs/concurrent connections in different hardware) - working similar to the legacy Remote Utilities v5 licensing (which was licensed at the "host" side)?

Yes, when using the ENDPOINT license, the 200-endpoint license means that the total number of remote computers that you can control in your organization (or elsewhere) is 200 and the number of concurrent techs can be any number as it's unlimited. For more information please see this License Comparison table.

However, please note that despite its name, the Endpoint license key is applied in the Viewer just as well as the other license keys. Here is quick guide on registering the program.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)