Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Cannot access hosts on Windows 10, but OK in Windows 7

Links used in this discussion

Michael Peck, User (Posts: 2)

Aug 27, 2017 6:24:48 am EDT

Support level: Free or trial
When I try to login to my hosts via a Windows 10 PC (with RU 6.7.0.2) an on-line host immediately goes off-line/unknown.

As well I am usually repeatedly prompted for username and password despite entering them correctly.

On my Windows 7 PC there are no login issues at all.

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2492)

Aug 27, 2017 6:56:05 am EDT

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your post.

When I try to login to my hosts via a Windows 10 PC (with RU 6.7.0.2) an on-line host immediately goes off-line/unknown.

This should be temporary , only for a second or two when the Viewer tries to connect. If connection is successful, the connection thumbnail converts to the Logged on status. More about connection statuses.

As well I am usually repeatedly prompted for username and password despite entering them correctly.

If you repeatedly receive a password prompt this can mean either (or both) of the following:

- The typed in password is incorrect
- The password is not set on the Host side

In either case you need to re-set your password. Right-click on the Host icon in the system tray, select Settings for Host, then Security. In the security dialog click Change password, enter a new password and confirm it and close the settings windows.  

Hope that helps.

Michael Peck, User (Posts: 2)

Aug 27, 2017 9:09:26 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
Thanks - I created new password and IDs for the hosts and it now works.

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2492)

Aug 28, 2017 7:14:24 am EDT

Hi Michael,

Excellent! Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.