Community

Cannot access computers after sharing address book

Scott Carter, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 15, 2016 10:59:18 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I set up my connections to share the address book using DropBox.  But now, one of my computers will not allow me access any other computers, stating that my license does not allow using my free key for more than 10 computers.  I currently have 9 computers in the list. This was working fine on all computers before I shared the address book. I have tried this on two different computers with the same results.  Is there something I am missing?

Removing the shared address book and using the general address book once again allows me to access.

Please help!

Thanks!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Mar 15, 2016 11:32:35 am EDT
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your message. The limitation applies to all your address books in the Viewer. If the the number of records across all of your open address books is more than 10, the Viewer will show the warning message.
Scott Carter, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 23, 2016 3:49:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Sorry, I did not realize you had answered this question (I thought I would get an email about it).

Shouldn't I be able to store 10 different addresses?  In other words, if I had ten computers, shouldn't I be able to store all ten addresses on all ten computers, or can I only store one address per computer, because that would make a total of ten addresses?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Mar 23, 2016 4:02:36 pm EDT
Hello Scott,

You didn't get an email? Strange. The emails should be sent. I'll ask our webmaster to check.

Shouldn't I be able to store 10 different addresses? In other words, if I had ten computers, shouldn't I be able to store all ten addresses on all ten computers, or can I only store one address per computer, because that would make a total of ten addresses?

Regardless of whether your address book records point to the same or different computers, the free license only allows you to have no more than 10 records in your address book. Or across all your books, if you have multiple address books created in the Viewer.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)