It would be nice if you could set the notification on an individual workstation basis. For a self-hosted server with many connections, I may only want to know when a certain one or two have come online .. not notifications for 50+ of them!
2. Yes, just makes stretch mode a little less squashy than with 2 screens on the 1 monitor.
While I've got your attention .. :)
FR: How about a "Send WOL through the following host" option/feature which could be added to the Properties->Network tab? The ability to send WOL packets from the host of a computer or server you know is always on, on a remote network or subnet? Obviously if it's not there already, you would need to add the WOL code to the host agent.
It could even possibly be the same host as the "Connect through the host".
Edited:Trevor Speering - Nov 16, 2015 9:43:02 pm EST
1. That's great! I never though to check with netstat. The settings seems a bit ambiguous as it seems as if you are choosing one or the other!
4. (Stretch over 2 local screens). I found this post which suggests AutoIT and a script with a shortcut with a hotkey (ctrl-alt-up). Works a treat! I set mine to 3360,1000 as I have two 1680x1050 monitors (and I still want to see the taskbar).
1. Is it possible for the viewer to first try the direct connection settings, if unavailable try the Internet-ID? (for laptops etc, saving of bandwidth, the remote-server may be in a DMZ or on a slower network and wish to connect directly if they are onsite).
2. I realise you can drag computer objects into different address books or folders. How about a copy or duplicate?
3. There is the default connection. Can there be default connectionS or templates?. Different settings for different companies?
4. Is it possible to make an option to maximise the screen over 2 monitors (locally)? Particularly if they have 2 monitors remotely. I typically have stretch and have to drag the borders around myself. Even better (possibly) would be to have one of their monitors (stretch) on one monitor and the other (stretch) on the other local monitor.
(FR/BUG) 4. Selecting multiple computers and clicking Remote Settings attempts to open up multiple windows for all the computers (which fails for settings following the first window). Is it possible to send out settings to multiple computers with this method rather than pushing out new msi (Remote Install)?