Looking for a solution for remote work? See how Remote Utilities can help! (X) Dismiss

Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

Add a "Ringer" in the chat facility

Bill Mullen, User (Posts: 1)

Apr 07, 2017 2:27:34 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial
When using the unattended connection, many times we disconnect the call and I do my work.  At some point though I may need to ask the user a question so I fire up the chat facility.  If they are not paying attention to the screen, I can sit there waiting for a response.  

Please consider adding a means to "ring" the remote computer - play a wav file or something to turn the users attention to the screen.

Benny Tucker, User (Posts: 27)

Apr 07, 2017 9:42:50 pm EDT

Support level: Free or trial

Bill Mullen wrote:

Please consider adding a means to "ring" the remote computer - play a wav file or something to turn the users attention to the screen.

You could try this. Remote Execute "C:\windows\media\notify.wav". Or use whatever sound file you want. Only drawback is either you or person at remote has to close the wav player's window... :-) :-)

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2491)

Apr 08, 2017 10:36:16 am EDT

Hello Bill,

Sure, I will add a sound notification for the chat as a suggestion to our wish list. Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.